DIY birthday party ideas, including balloons, bunting, crafts, table decor, wall decorations, and more. Cool idea for their birthday, but not in their bed. Pretty sure that’s dangerous. Tons of balloons in bed while they sleep. Love birthday morning surprises. When decorating, simplify by making the party table the centerpiece of the room. If you want to go all out, decorate the floor, ceiling, walls and doorway too. Love the door idea. I already so the balloons in their room or hall. Birthday morning surprise for kids.
How to Decorate a Room for a Party
Consider the occasion. The type of party that you’re throwing will play a big role in how you decorate. For example, you’ll probably decorate differently for a festive birthday party than you would for an elegant 25th anniversary party. If you’re hosting a holiday party, such as a Christmas or Halloween get-together, you probably have a good idea of what the decor should look like. Take the occasion into consideration as you start to think about decorations.
- You should also consider who the party is for. For example, if you’re celebrating a child’s birthday, you’ll probably want to make a bigger statement with the decorations than if you’re decorating for an adult’s birthday.
Choose a theme. Some parties, such as holiday gatherings, have ready themes that may it easy to plan a decorating scheme. However, if you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or other milestone, it often helps to choose a specific theme to help you organize the decorations. Try to come up with a theme that reflects the interests of the guest(s) of honor. For example, if you’re throwing a birthday party for a friend who likes to go sailing, you might settle on a nautical theme. For an anniversary party for a couple who likes to gamble, you might choose a Las Vegas or Monte Carlo theme.
- Movies, cartoon characters, and TV shows make fun party themes that are easy to customize for the guest(s) of honor.
- A tropical or luau theme can be a festive general party theme.
- Pick an interesting, distinctive time period, such as the roaring ‘20s or the ‘60s, as your party theme. You can even have guests dress up according to the trends of the era.
- If you love to travel, consider giving your party an around the world theme.
- If you’re throwing a party for a big sports fan, use their favorite team as inspiration for the event’s theme.